Sunday 25 March 2012

Soupy Twist

Spent the afternoon painting while watching a Bit of Fry and Laurie. I went with painting my regular Tentacles, planning to paint the Fez group and the lovely Laverne during the week. Managed to remember to take pictures of each step, so there's some sense of the process.
So! Undercoat of black:
 I put everyone on pins, then did a full basecoat of Royal Purple, which made it quite clear that they spun around on the pins waay to easily.
 Painted Sick Green on the suckers, giving up on the pins and holding them by the head.

 Did some highlights with Hexed Lichen and Scorpion Green, and put black on the monobrows.
After a grey highlight on the monobrow and some Dark Green inside the suckers, we have this terrible photo of the finished painting.
Working on basing them on snow right now with a slime trail behind them, more on that as it develops. One day I might actually paint a GW mini.


"This is more like it: Sorry to hear your teeth fell out in the Arndale Centre. All my love, Thomas."
"My, that is specific isn't it?"
         -Get well card sketch in A Bit of Fry and Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment