Monday 12 March 2012

Sculpter extraordinaire

Ok so I didn't get any painting done over the weekend. The good news, though, is that green stuff is the greatest thing ever! Once you get past the whole sticking to everything part, it's pretty easy to work with and being able to make something from scratch is great.

Plaguebearers are the only main core models that don't some in plastic, so they're pretty expensive at double the price of the others. I've bought 20, but if I ever want to use a nice big Nurgle force it'll take more than that. As a result of this and my love for 90s point-and-click adventure games, I've decided to supplement them with a few of my favourite characters.

Ladies and gentlemen, meet my reinforcements from one of the greatest games ever made: Day of the Tentacle:

Obviously unpainted and Laverne on the left needs her legs put on, but she'll make a great standard bearer. The little ones on the right are going to be used as Nurglings. I have plans to give one a Diminuator gun to use as a champion, and one with a beard and a gun for a herald.
I've gone through a little under half of the 36" of green stuff I bought, making it 7 Plaguebearers and about 2 bases worth of Nurglings for $7. I'd be able to get less than 2 real Plaguebearers for that price, and would be poorer by one cultural reference. A good deal in my book.

More will be on the way, and I'll get to work on converting a couple of models from spare bits eventually too. Games are going to get weird.

"Nonsense, it makes me feel good. Smarter, more aggressive. Like I could...
I could... I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!"
                     -Purple Tentacle, in Day of the Tentacle

No comments:

Post a Comment