Sunday 13 May 2012

Sexy Beasts

Hi all, my beasts are painted and their bases are half done. I went with dipping them to keep a consistent look between all of my Nurgle forces. My last model to do for Nurgle is Epidemius, and I spent a couple of minutes patching up the gaps in his model.

I'm keeping up my unit-character-unit painting schedule, so the Masque is next. I went with an undercoat of black followed by a quick dusting of white; I'm hoping that it'll give a bit of texture to the basecoat.

Flamers are all done and based now too. The champions turned out well despite one of the models coming without an arm. I green stuffed a fire to stick out of the socket, making it look like it's just burning uncontrollably without an arm to guide the fire.

 I've gone back and put washers in the bases of everyone on 25mm bases to work with my magnetic movement trays. The Nurglings and such will be getting some for safer transportation, but I need more washers first.

Very happy to announce that the group I'm in is starting a Blood in the Badlands campaign next weekend. Despite the rules being poorly written and full of holes, it should be a great time. My main general is Larry the Bloodthirster, who I have written as once being one of the Chaos Knights that stomped my Nurgle army a couple of months ago. Here's his backstory and a few points of flavour about him:

Larry, Devourer of Souls

Once a mortal devotee of Khorne, Larry served as a knight in a battle against a Daemon army of Nurgle. On that fateful day, his frenzied attacks carved through wave after wave of Plaguebearers, while his horse trampled Nurglings underfoot. By the end of the battle, Larry was overcome by blood-rage, and suffered a heart attack which claimed his life.

With Larry's ability to slay Nurgle Daemons proven, Khorne planned to use him in the constant struggle between the Gods. He seized the soul of Larry as it began to fade and reforged it in his own image. Taking the armour of the vacant body and the flesh of the abandoned steed as raw materials, Larry was reborn as an immense Bloodthirster.

Larry now leads armies against all who dare oppose him, gorging on the flesh and rending the souls of his victims. He hopes to one day meet those he once regarded as brothers in battle to test their mettle and laugh at their puny mortal forms.

*Larry no longer hates Daemons of Nurgle and will fight beside them, although he will happily send them to their death before those who serve any other God

*Larry is a wild fighter but is quite easy to fool; he will believe anything that is told to him in the form of a rhyme

*Despite having wings, Larry chooses not to fly. He simply jumps extraordinarily long distances

Expect my productivity to drop after this week, with the release of Diablo 3. Killing Daemons just won't seem quite as right as it used to.

"There is a place of great evil in the wilderness."
     -Akara, in Diablo 2


1 comment:

  1. Fantastic Beasts of Nurgle :D. Can't wait for the campaign to start!

    ...Bloody Flammer champions...

    ReplyDelete