Monday 13 February 2012

The army assembles. Well, sort of

Hi all!
It's been nearly a week since last time, and things have been HAPPENING. I'll spread out the news over a couple of posts, which has two benefits: easy reference, and it makes me look like a more active blogger :)

First up, stuff has been coming in the mail. The scale of this army has become apparent thanks to finding myself in this situation:




That's just what has come so far (and not even all of it). The blue bags are full of Vallejo paint, which I'll talk about when I get to use it.
The spots of red in the corner are a few oldschool models that a friend sold to me for an amazing price; he had them from before Chaos split up and he chose warriors. He wasn't a great painter at 12, so I broke out the Dettol again and took the paint off (and another layer of skin from my fingers, I'll never learn).

On the topic of old edition models, they're a great way to add some variety to your army while keeping it GW legal. I'm not planning on entering any tourneys anytime soon, but the option is there. The plan is to use them as heralds for now.

Still gathering supplies, I've picked up a bottle of Revell Contacta plastic glue for assembly. It's cheaper than the GW stuff and I can't see a thing wrong with it.

Next post will be about the weekend, full of assembly and an epic 2v2 battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment