Friday 13 July 2012

39 Bloodletters, Full Command

No, I'm not done yet. Currently waiting on the glue to dry on the first layer of basing, and the standards are just black for now.

Even so:
Going through a bit of a mad scramble to get them all based tonight because they'll be fighting tomorrow, I just need to stick a few rocks on and then build up the snow before I stick them on. It's so much easier before the model is on the base.

I'm looking at alternate methods of putting washers in the bases since the superglue is doing an appalling job. Contact glue is my next step, so we'll see how that goes.

Exactly what is happening tomorrow is a bit up in the air right now. If we have the numbers then I'm considering an army swap tournament. Here's the pitch:
Everyone writes a list for their army to whatever points. Armies are then distributed randomly with nobody getting their own army (and ideally no direct swaps). Opponents are then determined randomly with nobody facing their own list (so nobody will try to write a deliberately bad list).
At the end of the day, you add up the amount that you won your game by and the amount that your list won its game by, and the highest total is the winner.
The idea is to get a bit of absurd teamwork going on, where the person whose list you used wants you to win, but you want them to lose because they're facing your list.

I'll probably do a rundown of the day by early next week. One thing I know I won't be doing again is painting my entire bread and butter unit at once. Empty bases aren't very intimidating.

"They gave him a medal,
They caught him shaving his hairpiece,
They locked him in confinement, wild like a banshee with a blade"
    -Chunky Chunky Air Guitar, by The Whitlams


No comments:

Post a Comment